Friday, April 08, 2005

A moment

Have you ever had one of those moments? A moment where you thought to yourself, “right now…right now, this…..is good?”

I have been wanting to feel that for a while now. I thought to myself, maybe, I have felt this and I missed it. What if I didn’t try to keep it going long enough? What if I can’t get it back again?

After a certain amount of time though, you stop looking for it. And when your not trying, and you don’t care anymore, it sneaks right up on you and smacks you in the face. Hey…remember ME! I’m not gone, I’m right here, and have been the whole time you FOOL!

While it’s happening, you feel it in your body. It runs through you like electricity. You can’t think straight. Your mind is racing a mile a minute. But when it’s over, and it’s gone, all you want is more. I want to feel THAT again! I want to feel it ALL THE TIME!

I think it takes a moment like that for you to put yourself into perspective, to realize who you are, and what’s important to you. And man….it feels pretty good. It feels great.

You ever feel like that?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feeling in the moment? Sure, me and Ardus took over Booty Bay for 45 minutes one night at 1 am. Two people with a padlock on that city was amazing.

Sure, it's geeky, but thats the most recent time that something I was doing was bothing meaningful and engaging at the same time.

Prior to that? I'd have to think about it. Nearest I can remember was programming AI for a simple game, four years ago.

Good luck finding this feeling/emotion/state. I think its more of something that happens rather than something you can seek out. Chasing it will only lead to frustration.

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about the feeling you have when your at one with yourself and everything else in the world for the moment just doesn't matter? A feeling of calmness within that makes you feel great, both physically and mentally? A time when you feel like your life is on track and heading in the right direction? Or am I missing the whole jist of your blog? Am I clueless?

Ian Savage said...

Yes and YES. I like that Coringar, that "chasing it will only lead to frustration." So very true.

And No, your not clueless. :)

Anonymous said...

so nice to see all of this writing going on. sounds like you're riding the waves of thought. whatever thouse thought may be.....

Anonymous said...

ok lets correct that brainfart of a finger fluster of spelling...whatever those thoughts may be. there ya go shannon..things are gonna be alllright.

Anonymous said...

Love that Shanno

Greg Tito said...

I personally think "Thouse" sounds better, Shannon.

As for the moment, I used to feel those all the time when I was growing up. A moment of feeling like, "Right now, everything is great," usually while I was driving alone or looking at the sky before it rained. These moments, while fleeting, made the rest of life worthwhile.

My definition for getting old: These moments get farther and farther apart in direct proportion to how many years pass in which your dreams are not realized.